Basic Keto Chaffle Recipe
This is the basic recipe which you can tweek and modify easily to make more savory or more sweet.
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Finely Shredded
- 1 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Large Egg
1. Plug in your waffle maker to heat up while you mix the ingredients.
2. Mix cheese and flour in a small bowl. Keep about 1 tsp of cheese to the side to sprinkle on the waffle iron. The finer shredded the cheese is the more bread-like texture the waffle will be so choose your cheese wisely.
3. Once flour and cheese is incorporated, add the egg and mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle a bit of cheese on the waffle iron, this gives it a crispy exterior.
5. Pour half the egg and cheese mixture onto the middle of your waffle iron. Top with a sprinkle more of cheese and close.
6. Check your chaffle in about 2-3 minutes. Remove and repeat.