Today there are some healthier options at the grocery store when it comes to salad dressings. You can even find sugar free and low carb varieties. However, making your own fresh and easy vinaigrette is hands down one of my favorite!
Coconut is chock full of healthy MCT fats, ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, and who doesn’t like a little kick from our Thai pepper friends?
Spicy Coconut Oil Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 small Shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2 small Thai chili peppers finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- Combine shallot, ginger, garlic, chili peppers, and coconut oil in a small panof medium-low heat. Stir often, until shallots and garlic become wilted andcaramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Add tamari and rice vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve. Store in the refrigerator.